The CDC recommends some best practices and common-sense steps to prevent infection and avoid exposure:
- Cover coughs or sneezes.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Disinfect frequently-touched objects, such as cellphones, laptops, and countertops.
The CDC also notes that patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- Shortness of breath
- If you have symptoms, please call your health provider or physician’s office BEFORE visiting a clinic or Emergency Department.
Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) – http://www.dph.illinois.gov/
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html