Emergency Water Utility Assistance
Freeport Township residents may inquire and receive a check-off list of all documents required to be considered for a one-time only (within a twelve month period) water utility assistance grant. The maximum payment allotments shall not exceed $340.00.
- To be eligible for an emergency Water Utility Assistance Grant, an applicant shall:
* Live in Freeport Township continuously for the 6 month period
- Must be 55 year old or disabled or both
- Be a legal resident of the United States
- Must have a current, valid Illinois Identification Card or Illinois Driver’s License
- Must have a Social Security Card or a temporary print-out
- Must have a City of Freeport water shut off notice and 6 month payment history
- Third party documentation of the crisis
- Must be employed
Applicant’s failure to return paperwork as directed will result in a denial of emergency water utility assistance.
**CLICK BELOW FOR TO PRINT APPLICATION AND CHECKLIST**