The CDC recommends some best practices and common-sense steps to prevent infections and avoid exposure:
- Cover coughs or sneezes.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Disinfect frequently-touched objects, such as cellphones, laptops, and countertops.
The CDC also notes that patients with COVID-19 have had mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of:
- Shortness of breath
- If you have symptoms, please call your health provider or physician’s office BEFORE visiting a clinic or Emergency Department.